We are seeking to make the following key appointments to our Associate Staff team.
Teaching Assistant (Student Support) x 2 – Salary Grade G4 – Actual Salary £13,063 to £13,324 pa
Term-time only – 30 hours per week – 8.30am to 3.00pm Monday to Friday
Working within the College’s Student Support team and under the direction and supervision of a teacher or line manager (eg Higher Level Teaching Assistant), you will support students’ learning, attend to students’ personal needs and provide general support in managing students and the classroom. The successful candidate will:
- Be committed to enhancing young people’s learning.
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Have good organisational and IT skills.
- Enjoy working as part of a team.
- Have high expectations of young people’s achievement and behaviour.
Administration Support x 2 – Salary Grade G3 – Actual Salary £15,485 to £16,630 pa
Temporary in the first instance with the potential to become permanent
1 x Term-time only and 1 x term-time plus 10 days – 37 hours per week – 8.00am-4.00pm Monday to Thursday, 8.00am-3.30pm Friday
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic, flexible individual who as part of a multi-disciplined and robust college-wide support team can provide professional and efficient administrative support to the College.
The successful candidates will be:
- Proactive and organised with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Able to work well as part of a team, under pressure and to strict deadlines.
- Able to deal sensitively and effectively with all stakeholders.
- Experienced working in an administrative/support role.
- A team player who will uphold our College values of Motivation, Commitment and Care
Caretaker – Salary Grade G4 – Actual Salary £19,312 to £19,698 pa plus 5% Shift Allowance
All-year round – 37 hours per week – shift pattern 6.00am-2.00pm, 8.00am-4.00pm, or 10.00am-6.00pm
The successful candidate will be able to organise and manage their time well and show initiative and flexibility when necessary. You will be responsible for general maintenance, repairs and cleaning of our college site and grounds and will have some relevant experience.
The role involves such tasks as unlocking and locking the college, ensuring good security of the site, maintenance and repair of the buildings and equipment, general portage, cleaning duties and other related tasks commensurate with the duties of a School Caretaker. The post requires the ability to prioritise and be able to work unsupervised. The successful candidate will need to be well motivated and able to work as part of a team.
Cleaning Assistants – Salary Grade G1 – £9.25 per hour
Term-time only plus 10 days – 13 ¾ hours per week 2.45pm to 5.30pm Monday to Friday
As part of the College’s cleaning team, and under the direction/instruction of the Premises Team, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing a clean, hygienic, and welcoming college environment which meets specified cleaning standards. Key tasks will include:
- Cleaning all surfaces, fixtures, and fittings.
- Cleaning floors, walls, partitions, and internal woodwork as appropriate.
- Cleaning toilets, changing rooms and other sanitary areas.
- Cleaning equipment after use.
- Undertaking special cleaning programmes during college closure or other designated periods in compliance with the specification for the premises.
- Collection and disposal of waste in an appropriate manner.
Our most recent Ofsted report (2018) described us as a “Good college” where “Staff are positive about the training, coaching and guidance that they have received from school leaders”.
The successful candidates will have to meet the requirements of our Job and Person Specifications and be subject to an enhanced DBS check. A prohibition from teaching check will also be completed for all applicants. Minsthorpe Community College is committed to equality of opportunity and upholding the principles of the Equality Act 2010. We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community. Only applications submitted with a completed Minsthorpe Academy Trust Application Form will be considered.
Please send completed application forms to Cath Green, Director of HR & Associate Teams: – firstname.lastname@example.org by midday – Friday 28th January 2022
|Job Advert||Download File|
|Teaching Assistant (Student Support) Job Description and Person Specification||Download File||Teaching Assistant (Student Support) Applicants Letter||Download File|
|Admin Support Officer Job Description and Person Specification||Download File||Admin Support Officer Applicants Letter||Download File|
|Caretaker Job and Person Specification||Download File||Caretaker Applicants Letter||Download File|
|Cleaning Assistant Job Description and Person Specification||Download File||Cleaning Assistant Applicants Letter||Download File|
|Application Form||Download File||RO1||Download File||Team Minsthorpe Winter 2021 Newsletter||Download File|