Minsthorpe Community College was inspected by Ofsted in early March 2014 and was judged to be good in every category. With so many schools being judged as requiring improvement, both locally and nationally, this grade is recognition of the hard work that the staff and students have put in over the last three years. The staff and the leadership team at Minsthorpe are superb; students realise this and appreciate how much effort their teachers put in in order to create better life chances for everyone educated at Minsthorpe Community College.
The inspectors noted that the excellent results of 2013 are likely to continue to rise for the next three years. The inspection report fills me with pride. All five of the inspectors were either serving head teachers, or recently in post, so the college was truly inspected by a jury of our peers. What is clear from their comments is that Minsthorpe is now on a journey to becoming an outstanding college.
Some of the key quotes from the report include:
- Standards reached by students are rising quickly
- Students are effectively challenged and engaged in developing their knowledge, skills and understanding
- Teaching is good with some that is outstanding
- Relationships are positive and there is a strong measure of success between teachers and students
- Students are proud of their college, dress smartly and apply themselves well in lessons
- Students in all year groups say that they feel very safe
- Students are sensitive to each other’s needs and support each other well in lessons
- The number of students going on to university has risen year by year
- Leaders and managers are passionate about being true to their motto of ‘no child left behind’