A Leading Practitioner is an excellent teacher who achieves the very highest standards of classroom practice and whose key role is to share his or her skills and experience with other teachers.
At Minsthorpe Community College we recognise and wish to recruit the best teachers. Becoming a Leading Practitioner offers teachers who want to stay in the classroom an alternative career route with the potential to earn a salary equivalent to that of many leadership posts.
The work of our Leading Practitioners at Minsthorpe Community College is wide reaching, concentrating on good teaching and learning and benefitting our students and staff by helping to raise achievement and spread excellent practice within the College. Not only do the Leading Practitioner posts provide us with a focus for and leadership in the development of Teaching and Learning across the College, but they also contribute hugely to the development of individual colleagues.
First and foremost, Leading Practitioners spend the majority of their time (60 %) with the students they teach, contributing to the College’s improving achievement.
The Leading Practitioner Action Plan is drawn up at the start of the academic year having analysed the wealth of Teaching and Learning and achievement data that the college has. Their work is wide reaching and includes:
- Curriculum Area Teaching and Learning support whether it be with a whole team or on an individual basis
- Support in the implementation of whole college initiatives where appropriate
- Individual staff support/coaching via the Minsthorpe Coaching Model Programme
- Coordinating the Learning and Teaching Network with TLR holders from each Curriculum Team
- Working alongside members of the leadership team in all aspects of Teaching and Learning including reviewing and implementing whole college policies
- Whole college Inset planning and delivery
- Training of Newly Qualified teachers and SCITT trainees
- Involvement in Ofsted inspections
- Commitment to our Professional Learning Programme, including facilitating Lesson Study and Personal Enquiry work
|Leading Practitioners And Their Role At Minsthorpe Community College||Download File|