From September 2018 we are making a very minor change to the Minsthorpe Community College uniform. Students currently wear two colour of ties; the purple tie in Years 7 and 8 and gold in Years 9, 10 and 11. However as a large college with over 1500 students on roll it will be useful for students, parents and staff to be able to identify which year group an individual belongs to at a glance.
Therefore each year group will wear a different colour tie which students will keep throughout Years 7 to 11. Not only will this help with identification but also with costs, as you will only need to buy the one colour tie. The system below allows all students to wear a different coloured tie in just over one year. This won’t involve any parents having to purchase a new tie other than those who were already expecting to do so under the current uniform policy. The introduction of the new ties is as follows:
- The new Year 7 will join us from their primary schools and parents are expecting to buy a new uniform. The tie we ask them to buy will carry the usual Minsthorpe design and logo but it will not be the usual purple one, but a new magenta tie. They will keep this colour tie until Year 11;
- Students moving up into Year 8 will keep the purple tie that they purchased in September 2017 until Year 11;
- Students moving up into Year 9 are already expecting to purchase the gold tie. However, we will ask them to buy a new green tie and they will keep this until Year 11;
- Years 10 and 11 will keep their current gold ties until they leave at the end of Year 11. We recognise that it is unfair to ask Years 10 and 11 to buy a new tie for the shorter time that they will get use of them, therefore their gold tie run out over the period 2018 and 2019.
- The new Year 7 will have a new blue tie in September 2019 which differs to the remainder of the year groups. They will keep this colour until Year 11.
- The year groups moving into Years 8, 9 and 10 will all now be wearing the distinct colour ties that we introduced in September 2018 (see above).
- Year 11 will still be wearing their gold coloured ties but will now be distinct as no other group will be wearing this colour tie.
Once students have moved through the 5-year cycle from Year 7 to Year 11 their colour of tie can once again be introduced to the new Year 7. All colour ties will be available to buy after the 18th June from the local uniform stockists, the Finance Office at the College or on Schoolgateway at the existing price of £4.50 each. We hope that you can see the sense and benefits of this minor change, which we are pleased will incur no extra cost to yourself.
Mr R Henshaw