The safeguarding and promotion of the welfare of children/young people must include the ICT environment.
Causes of possible concern include:
- The use of internet chat rooms, discussion forums and bulletin boards for the grooming of children/young people
- Transmitting pornographic images
- Text bullying, recording of images on phones for internet transmission
eSafety Top Tips
- Always think of your personal safety first when using ICT or your mobile phone. Remember it is easy for anyone to lie about who they are online, so you can never really be sure about who you are talking to.
- Do not give out any personal information about yourself online to people you do not know. This includes your full name, address, street name, postcode, or school name.
- Never give your contact number to anyone who you don’t know.
- It’s a good idea to use a nickname rather than your real name online.
- Don’t meet people that you have only spoken to online.
- Never give out pictures online or over a mobile. It is easy for people to take your pictures and alter them, send them on, or even pretend to be you with them.
- Always use private settings whenever you are setting up a social networking page or an Instant Messenger (IM) account. This is so people who you don’t want to see your profile can’t.
- Anything you post or upload to the internet is there forever so be very careful what you put online.
- Never go onto webcam with people you don’t know in real life. Webcam images can be recorded and copied and also shared with other people.
- If you receive any messages or pictures that worry or upset you talk to an adult you trust. You may also report it online, via thinkuknow or CEOP.
|Instagram Parents’ Guide||Download File|
|Kik Messenger Parents’ Guide||Download File|
|Musical.ly Parents’ Guide||Download File|
|Omegle Parents’ Guide||Download File|
|ooVoo Parents’ Guide||Download File|
|Snapchat Parents’ Guide||Download File|
|Whatsapp Parents’ Guide||Download File|
|Yellow Parents’ Guide||Download File|
|YouNow Parents’ Guide||Download File|
|YouTube Parents’ Guide||Download File|
|Facebook Privacy Guide||Download File|
|PlayStation 4 Privacy Guide||Download File|
|Snapchat Privacy Guide||Download File|
|Twitter Privacy Guide||Download File|
|Whatsapp Privacy Guide||Download File|
|Xbox One Privacy Guide||Download File|
The promotion of the safe use of ICT is clearly set out in a number of the College’s documents regarding eSafety:
|eSafety Policy||Download File|
|Use of Digital Images/Audio/Video Policy||Download File|
|Digital Images/Audio/Video Permission Request||Download File|
|ICT Acceptable Use Policy (Students)||Download File|
|ICT Acceptable Use Policy (Parents/Carers)||Download File|
|Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) ICT Acceptable Use Policy||Download File|
|Filtering Policy||Download File|
|Need To Chat Poster||Download File|
|eSafety Advice for Parents and Students||Download File|
|NSPCC Online Safety Advice||Visit Site|
|Vodafone Digital Parenting||Visit Site|
|Vodafone Digital Parenting Magazine Issue 5||Download File|
|Vodafone Digital Parenting Video||Watch Video|