|Uniform September 2021||Download File|
- Blazers must be formal, black and have the College badge sewn on. Fitted blazers are not allowed.
- Sleeves should NOT be rolled up.
- Blazers should be worn at all times.
- Trousers should be plain black, smart with a zip and button at the waistband.
- Jeans, jeggings, treggings and leggings are NOT allowed.
- From September 2020 skirts must be a branded Minsthorpe skirt.
- The logo must be visible & waistband must not be rolled over.
- Shirts should have a stiff collar.
- Shirts must be tucked in at all times.
- If worn, this must be a black ‘V’ neck design underneath blazers.
- Shoes/boots should be plain black.
- No trainers/pumps/canvas shoes.
- No heels.
- A coat or hoodie may be worn over the blazer.
- Students must take down their hood on the school site.
- A woollen hat may be worn outside in cold weather.
Hair & Makeup
- Hairstyles should be a sensible style and suitable for the formal setting of school with colour of natural tones and shades similar to the student’s normal hair colour.
- No extreme hairstyles such as mohican, shaved and brightly coloured hair or sharply contrasting colours.
- Students may wear makeup of a reasonable nature.
- Students may wear a wristwatch (although this will need to be removed in GCSE examinations).
- They may also wear one small pair of gold, silver or diamante studs in the ear lobes. Earrings MUST be removed for PE.
- No other piercings or jewellery are allowed.
NB – Students will not go into mainstream lessons until they have the correct uniform/hair.
All students must wear correct PE uniform.
PE and Sports Kit (for all)
- Navy polo shirt with Minsthorpe logo.
- Navy shorts with Minsthorpe Logo.
- Sports trainers and white socks.
- Suitable footwear for activities on grass.
- Shin pads are recommended.
- Optional navy blue tracksuit bottoms with Minsthorpe logo.
- Navy/white reversible rugby shirt.
- Navy football socks.
NB – A note from a parent/carer must be produced if there is a medical problem. However, students will still be expected to change into their PE kit and contribute to the lesson. PE teachers will lend a kit if a student forgets theirs. Refusal to wear clean kit provided by the PE team will be sanctioned with time in the MID Room.
Code of Conduct
- Students wear their uniform with care and pride to represent the College.
- Students who cannot wear the correct uniform for medical reasons (short term) must supply medical evidence.
- College will lend uniform items to students if necessary. If a student refuses to wear the supplied uniform, they will be required to work in our Specialist Support Area.
- The College maintains the right to make decisions about the suitability of clothing, hairstyles and makeup.
- If in any doubt, please check with the Cross Curriculum Team Leader first.
Stockists of Minsthorpe Community College Uniform (including the branded Minsthorpe skirt)
|Activ Apparel (UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT)||Graham Briggs School Outfitters|
Reception C, The Acorn Centre,
|Signature Retail Ltd||Smart Uniforms|
20 The springs,