At this festive time of year, many people suffer, they suffer in pain and suffer in silence. At our college students and staff are pulling together to create a charitable service to help local food banks at this pressurising time.
Many people in our local community need the help from these places of hope, we urge you to please donate, we hope that everyone in college could just give back one thing then people in the local community could benefit and be grateful.
Suggested donations include items such as:
- Toilet rolls
- Drinks e.g. tea, coffee, sugar, UHT milk and dilute fruit juices
- Jars of sauce e.g. bolognaise, pasta and curry
- Tins e.g. soup, fish, meat (such as corned beef), beans, vegetables, tomatoes, ravioli, hoops and fruit
- Packets e.g. dried pasta, instant pasta, rice and potatoes with sauces
- Cooking e.g. stock cubes and gravy granules
- Desserts e.g. rice pudding and custard
- Biscuits e.g. sweet and savoury
- Toiletries e.g. soap, shampoo, shower gel, shaving foam, toothpaste and toothbrushes
In additions to all the items listed above foodbanks are requesting extra Christmassy thing including parcels of Christmas puddings, mince pies, chocolate and biscuits.
Soup Kitchen Notes
Items that are really needed by local soup kitchens are tea, coffee, sugar and corned beef for their hash, this is because they are expensive and really need 4 tins per pan. Other than that anything else would be great.
Meet Ted, he is a 82 year old man, he lives in his bungalow in South Kirkby, he lives on his pension, this amount cannot cover his living costs. In the bitter cold winter days he has to make the crucial decision between eating or heating, at his age warmth and food are all vital to his life. Without the help of local foodbanks in the community he may not get all the help he needs and deserves, raising 3 children. He now sits at home alone every day wondering why he is fighting against poverty at this stage in his life. Please help vulnerable people like Ted by helping this great cause this Christmas.
The College Action Team