Welcome To Minsthorpe!
Hello! I am very pleased to welcome you to the Minsthorpe Community College Transition and Transfer pages. I am Mrs Hayes and I liaise closely with our primary feeder schools to ensure all children receive a smooth transition experience in preparation for starting with us as Year 7 students in September.
The jump up from Primary to Secondary School is an exciting time for children as well as their parents and families, and the staff here at Minsthorpe Community provide a full programme of activities and experiences designed to make the process as comfortable and easy as possible.
Some of the programme activities include:
- Open evening for parents and pupils
- Opportunities throughout the year to visit the college including numerous sports competitions and festivals, performing arts productions and a variety of music concerts
- Visits to Primary Schools in Summer Term with Mrs Hayes and the new Year 7 Cross-Curricular Team Leader
- Various joint projects take place following KS2 Tests, for example, Minsthorpe Investigates and ICT Big Trakx
- Induction Day visit and Parents Information Evening
We also offer a more bespoke transition experience for children who will be starting with us with specialised or specific needs. If you feel your child would benefit from this additional experience, please do not hesitate to contact me in College.
I look forward to working with you throughout the transition period and throughout your child’s time here at Minsthorpe Community College.
Mrs S Hayes
Associate Assistant Principal (Transfer & Transition)
- College Brochure
- Starting At Minsthorpe Community College – A Helpful Guide For Students And Parents
- Year 6 To 7 Transition – Advice And Tips For Parents And Carers
- Year 6 Parents Information Evening Presentation (June 2019)
- Key Information (June 2019)
- Careers – The Minsthorpe Way
- Key Dates
- Cashless Payments
- School Meals
- Rules – Rewards And Sanctions
- School Day
- Extra Curricular
- School Gateway App
- BBC Bitesize’s Starting Secondary School
As a parent you will want to know you have done everything you can to make your child’s journey to school as safe as possible. Please see this guide from Safer Roads West Yorkshire for more information:
Key Dates (Transition 2019)
- Monday 24th June
- Tuesday 25th June
- Wednesday 26th June
- Tuesday 2nd July
- Tuesday 9th July