Welcome To Minsthorpe!
Hello! I am very pleased to welcome you to the Minsthorpe Community College Transition and Transfer pages. I am Mrs Drysdale and I liaise closely with our primary feeder schools to ensure all children receive a smooth transition experience in preparation for starting with us as Year 7 students in September.
The jump up from Primary to Secondary School is an exciting time for children as well as their parents and families, and the staff here at Minsthorpe Community College usually provide a full programme of activities and experiences designed to make the process as comfortable and easy as possible.
Some of the programme activities include:
- Open evening for parents and pupils
- Opportunities throughout the year to visit the college including numerous sports competitions and festivals, performing arts productions and a variety of music concerts
- Visits to Primary Schools in Summer Term with Mrs Drysdale and the new Year 7 Cross-Curricular Team Leaders
- Various joint projects take place following KS2 Tests, for example, Minsthorpe Investigates, Numeracy Challenge and Picture Perfect
- Induction Day visit and Parents Information Evening
Ready for Minsthorpe Booklet – Click here!
We also offer a more bespoke transition experience for children who will be starting with us with specialised or specific needs. If you feel your child would benefit from this additional experience, please do not hesitate to contact me in College.
MCC Additional Transition Booklet – Click here!
I look forward to working with you throughout the transition period and throughout your child’s time here at Minsthorpe Community College. Please contact myself if you have any queries.
Mrs Laura Drysdale
Associate Assistant Principal (Transition and Enrichment)
- Year 6 To 7 Transition – Advice And Tips For Parents And Carers
- Year 6 Parents Information Evening Presentation (June 2019)
- Key Information (June 2019)
- Careers – The Minsthorpe Way
- Key Dates
- Cashless Payments
- School Meals
- Rules – Rewards And Sanctions
- School Day
- Extra Curricular
- School Gateway App
- BBC Bitesize’s Starting Secondary School
As a parent you will want to know you have done everything you can to make your child’s journey to school as safe as possible. Please see this guide from Safer Roads West Yorkshire for more information: