Welcome to Minsthorpe Community College
Welcome to the website for Minsthorpe Community College. We aim to present important information about our college and to give you an insight into the many facets of college life. If you require further details or can’t find the information you are looking for, please do not hesitate to contact us using the details below.
Introducing the new Joint Principals
It is with an enormous sense of pride that we introduce ourselves as the newly appointed Joint Principals of Minsthorpe Community College. We have worked together as Vice Principals for the past five years and together we have over 40 years of service at the College. The appointment of Joint Principals marks a new era for the College. We and the Governing Body believe that bringing together our skills and experience is the most effective leadership model for the College at this time.
As Joint Principals, we share equal responsibility for the quality of education our students receive and we are fully committed to making every child’s time at Minsthorpe the best it can be.
Under our leadership, Minsthorpe Community College will continue to uphold the values of Believe, Achieve, Succeed, Enjoy and Support. The high expectations required from all our students remain unchanged:
- To demonstrate the 6Rs and ‘Learn the Minsthorpe Way’
- To follow the Code of Conduct and ‘Behave the Minsthorpe Way’
- To attend College every day
Minsthorpe Community College is a special place to learn. We know this is true because of:
- The great results achieved by our Year 11 and Year 13 students year on year;
- The high number of students who successfully progress to the next stage in their education or into employment;
- The enthusiasm for learning seen in the classrooms across the College every day;
- The wealth of extra-curricular activities and educational visits enjoyed by our students throughout the year;
- The wide range of external partnerships strengthening our work as a College;
- The excellent facilities offered at the Sports and Fitness Centre, Happy Days Children Centre and the YTCA SCITT, which place the College at the heart of the community.
With two of us leading the College, it will be important that we work closely together. Teamwork will extend beyond us as Joint Principals. Everyone will need to play their part, if we are to continue to improve the education enjoyed by the students at the College. With 1500 incredible students, their supportive parents/carers, our talented staff and experienced Governing Body, we are confident that together we can move Minsthorpe from strength to strength.
We thank you for your interest in our College and look forward to meeting you at future College events.
Mr M Gilmore
Mrs R Merritt